The Western Museums Association (WMA) is currently seeking enthusiastic volunteers for our 2022 Annual Meeting in Portland, Oregon! Every year, WMA's volunteers play an integral part in the success of the conference. Volunteers help to set a positive tone and foster meaningful experiences and interactions for our attendees.
Volunteering is a great way to meet and network with a variety of museum professionals from across the museum field. Connecting with colleagues will expand your perspective on the museum field, introduce you to new institutions and organizations, as well as open your mind to various potential career and other opportunitites that are available. Additionally, as a volunter, you'll get a unique, behind-the-scenes look at the Annual Meeting, working directly with WMA staff.
In exchange for hours work, volunteers can attend an equal amount of hours of non-ticketed Annual Meeting events and sessions. Volunteers must work for time periods equal to a minimum of 4 hours; this can be broken up into two–2 hour shifts or one–4 hour shift.
Critical Roles of WMA's Volunteers:
- Welcoming and greeting attendees
- Manning the registration table
- Putting together attendee name tags and welcome bags
- Answering questions from attendees throughout the event
- Managing distractions (doors opening and closing)
- Supporting the session speakers when needed
- Assist wtih Silent Auction event – displaying and packing up items
- And a whole lot more!
Would you like to become a WMA 2022 volunteer? Please email WMA staff at email@example.com and we'll reach back out to you!
We look forward to working with all our WMA 2022 volunteers in Portland!