Full-Time/Exempt/40 hours a week, Monday-Friday incorporation occasional evenings and weekends as needed. The Museum is an EOE.
The Volunteer Coordinator for the Nevada Museum of Art will provide the day-to-day oversight for the Museum’s volunteer core. With over 200 volunteers, the Volunteers in Art (VIA) support the functions of the Nevada Museum of Art through a Variety of Actives. From staffing the Shop and public programs to installation support and administrative assistance, volunteers provide over 8,000 hours of service each year. In addition, each year VIA plans and organizes the annual Arts & Flowers Luncheon. This luncheon is a fundraising event to underwrite volunteer services as well as exhibitions and educational programming through the support of the Volunteer Coordinator and Museum Staff. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources, Volunteer and Visitor Services.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain, develop, and coordinate all aspects of the Museum’s volunteer program, including volunteer scheduling; recruitment, training, retention, coordination, and recognition; training materials development; and database management.
- Serve as a primary administrative contact for Museum volunteers, including volunteer communications and correspondence, and liaison between staff and volunteers.
- Develop, oversee, and implement plans for recruiting and training both adult and youth volunteers, including internship opportunities.
- Conduct volunteer trainings and develop volunteer training materials, including but not limited to art handling, policy, procedural and emergency preparedness information, and volunteer job descriptions.
- Collaborate with Museum staff to understand the need for volunteers within diverse programs and events, and coordinate and schedule volunteers to meet these needs.
- Ensure all Museum events, programs and projects requiring volunteer support are appropriately staffed; manage volunteers at events such as First Thursdays, member openings, lectures, films, and more.
- Work with staff and volunteer colleagues to identify opportunities within the Museum to engage volunteers in advancing the Museum’s mission.
- Maintain volunteer database recording the skills, interests, and availabilities of volunteers; budgets and statistics; generate reports; answer volunteer needs and questions; present volunteer offerings to community organizations; and assist with projects as assigned.
- Attend VIA meetings and support the growth and leadership of the volunteer council.
- 3% 401k Contribution
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays, Paternity/Maternity Leave
TO APPLY VISIT: