The Western Museums Association’s 2019 Annual Meeting will be held in Boise, Idaho on October 4-7. The theme of the 2019 Annual Meeting is ENGAGE, and will focus on the ways museums engage with their communities, staff, and other museums. Here is some practical information for attending the Annual Meeting and getting to know Boise.
Getting To Boise & Transportation
The closest airport to the Annual Meeting Hotel is Boise Airport (BOI) which is just 5 miles southwest of Boise. Below are several transportation options for traveling from the airport to downtown Boise.
The R3 bus runs from the airport to downtown several times an hour, and is only $1!
Annual Meeting Hotel
The Grove Hotel
245 S. Capitol Blvd.
Boise, ID 83702
Downtown Boise supports some of the best restaurants, landmarks, and things to do in town. It also contains the Basque Block, a rich opportunity to learn about Boise's Basque heritage. Major downtown attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, and Zoo Boise.
Restaurants and Breweries
Boise has a wide-range of dining options. Here a few choices near the Grove Hotel.
2. Bittercreek Alehouse - $$ - Gastropub - Vegan / Vegetarian options
3. Juniper - $$ - New American - Vegan / Vegetarian options
4. The Brickyard - $$$ - Steakhouse / Cocktails
5. The Basque Market - $$ - Tapas (might be too casual)
6. Bardenay Restaurant & Distillery - $$ - New American
7. Reef - $$ - Traditional American / Tiki Bar (who knew?)
8. The Front Door - $$ - Pizza, Sandwiches, Beer Bar
9. Lucky Fins Seafood Grill - $$ - New American, Seafood/Sushi, Dessert
10. Red Feather Lounge - $$ - New American, Lounge
11. St. Lawrence Gridiron - $$ - New American, Southern
12. Eureka! - $$ - New American, Burgers
13. The Matador - $$ - Mexican, Cocktail Bar
14. Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria - $$ - Pizza, Sandwiches, Salad
1. Form and Function - $ - Good espresso drinks and light breakfast fare