Our Mission: The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) enriches our world by collecting, preserving, and making accessible an astonishing variety of musical instruments and performance videos from every country in the world. MIM offers guests a welcoming and fun experience, incomparable interactive technology, dynamic programming, and exceptional musical performances. MIM fosters appreciation of the world’s diverse cultures by showing how we innovate, adapt, and learn from each other to create music—the language of the soul. For more information, please visit our website www.mim.org.
Job Summary and Purpose: Reports to the Deputy Director and is the primary leader of security, charged with providing a safe environment (24/7/365) for all MIM facilities, employees, guests, and assets. The Security Manager coordinates security, providing coverage for all events, exhibits and day-to-day operations in a manner that ensures the safety of the guests and team members and the protection of the collection. The Security Manager is responsible for ensuring the Deputy Director and Senior Leadership is made aware of risks, incidents, and emergencies in a timely manner.
- Ensure the protection of the collection, team members and guests through the coordination of the activities of a well-trained and adequate security team with the use of security equipment.
- Responsible for PD and Security Guard Services teams’ schedules, duties, and post orders. Familiarity working with, and managing, Law Enforcement off-duty assignments.
- Manage third party services and vendor relationships.
- Maintain business fluency of museum operations, priorities, and risks.
- Always ensure appropriate monitoring of camera systems and manage camera hardware and software upgrades.
- Manages access control systems, including gate and building access zones.
- Keep safety and security policies and procedures up-to-date and ensure that they are understood and carried out by all security personnel.
- Create and execute special event security for all MIM events.
- Under a comprehensive plan, coordinate and conduct regular cadence of trainings (schedules and communications) across critical categories including AED, CPR, and emergency planning.
- Maintain current knowledge of all security-related state and federal laws, fire protection laws and codes and transportation law.
- Maintain current knowledge of security systems and technical equipment and provide input into decisions regarding the enhancement or purchase of security equipment.
- Maintain security response plans for international travel of team members
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing Security and staff for a venue with public visitation or high value content.
- Strong technology skills especially associated with building security systems.
- Must represent the museum and security team in a professional manner using good public relations skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with all levels within the museum as well as with vendors.
- Must have valid Arizona Driver’s License and good driving history.
- Candidate must pass criminal background investigation.
- Partial evening, weekend, and holiday work is required.
- Occasional out-of-state travel required.
Culture and Benefits:
Team members at MIM enjoy their work experience and are cared for with options for medical and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401(k) retirement plan – and many more benefits such as discounts to fun events! Many of our team members have grown with MIM for many years and received promotions.
For more information, please visit our website at www.mim.org
Qualified candidates can submit a resume and cover letter via the link below: