The Anchorage Museum connects people, expands perspectives, and encourages global dialog about the North and its distinct environment. Exploring the intersection of art, history and science, the Anchorage Museum shares multiple perspectives and experiences that tell a greater story and welcomes, nurtures, and leverages diversity and inclusion in all we do and recognize all are enriched with the inclusion of diverse voices, viewpoints, and skill sets.
The Anchorage Museum is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For a full job description and to apply, go to www.anchoragemuseum.org/about-us/employment.
The Anchorage Museum is seeind a detail-orientated data entry saavy individual with object handling experience to join our Collections team as Collections Technician. his position assists the Collections Department with care and maintenance of the Museum’s collection (artworks, artifacts, objects and archives), exhibition installation, and other duties related to management and care of the collection, in addition to making the collection accessible to researchers and the public.
- Assist with maintenance and preservation of the collection
- Data entry and maintenance of collections database
- Manage images, including rights research for images and obtaining artists permissions
- Enable film/video projection of 16 mm and video production, and PAL system
- Provide redundancy, when needed, to Museum rentals, upon request
- Knowledge of and skill in handling objects and artwork
- Detail-oriented and able to accurately input information into computer systems
- Ability and skill in the use of computer systems and applications, including knowledge of collections database systems
- Ability to proficiently communicate in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Bachelor's degree in anthropology, museum studies, history, art, art history or related field
- One year of experience working in a museum
If you are interested in this exceptional opportunity, please log on to our website to review the complete job description. Interested parties may complete an employment application and submit it along with a resume and cover letter via email, fax or mail. Please note we are unable to accept resumes in place of an employment application.
Attn: Human Resources
625 C Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501
(907) 929-9200 tel
The AMA will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex or marital status or who is a 'qualified individual with a disability,' as that phrase is defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act. AMA will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status or physical or mental disability.