Finance and Operations Manager
The San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art is a non-profit visual arts gallery located in downtown San Jose. During the course of its nearly 40-year history, the ICA has become a leader in the presentation of contemporary art in the Bay Area and throughout California.
The ICA is currently seeking a Finance and Operations Manager with significant experience in non-profit financial management. The new position will play a key leadership role in the planning and implementation of fiscal administration at the ICA. Reporting to the ICA's Executive Director, the Finance and Operations Manager is a critical member of the team, supporting world-class exhibitions and programs.
· Establish, implement and monitor the ICA’s financial, accounting and related systems;
- Serve as liaison to the Board of Directors Finance, Investment and Audit committees; advise and prepare reports for the Board of Directors with respect to financial conditions and trends of the organization;
- Prepare and provide advice on consultant and artist contracts as necessary.
- Manage personnel policies in accordance with state and local legal requirements guided by ICA’s employee manual.
· Oversee the development of the ICA’s annual budget and monitor ongoing performance against budget;
· Direct preparations for the annual audit
· Process day-to-day bookkeeping responsibilities, including payroll and incoming invoices;
- Working with the Development team, develop plans for auction and other special events;
- Working with the Development team, develop budgets and prepare financial materials in conjunction with an aggressive grants calendar.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 5 years’ experience in non-profit management, budget development and administration.
- Knowledge of non-profit principles and practices; budget development and management; general administrative principles and practices; problem solving and decision making
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple responsibilities
- Keen attention to detail and a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Quickbooks
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
The ICA offers fully funded health, dental and vision insurance, vacation and sick time, and IRA contributions.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Cathy Kimball at email@example.com