Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is hiring a full-time (hourly) Manager, Ticketing and Membership. This role will oversee the selling, processing, reporting of orders, and membership retention for Balboa Park Explorer. Our Manager, Ticketing and Membership will have good judgement, attention to detail, and the ability to enter accurate data.
The Manager, Ticketing and Membership will oversee the part-time Ticketing & Sales Associates and Membership Associate positions. This role reports directly to Director, Events & Public Programs. Duties include:
Supervision of Ticketing Services
- Managing online and phone orders for the Balboa Park Explorer Annual, One-Day, and Multi-Day passes
- Managing group sales including follow-up, processing requests, tracking, packaging, and distributing orders, and attending regularly scheduled Discovery Tours
- Ensuring the printing of monthly renewal leads and mailings
- Responsible for membership retention, renewal analysis, and achieving renewal goals
- Tracking and ordering inventory including brochures, Explorer program supplies, and Explorer office supplies
- Responding to questions on Explorer email
- Scheduling of renewal courtesy calls
- Responsible for scheduling, assigning tasks, and reviewing and approving timesheets of direct reports
Reporting and Finance
- Reporting on marketing efforts, sales, and attendance using Tessitura and T-Stats
- Maintaining monthly income tracking, budget reviews, scan and sales reports, and donations
- Working with Accountant to calculate income, commission and disbursement for participating venues
- Invoicing program partners for ticket sales and services
- Creating monthly Explorer reports for Executive Director meeting
- Managing yearly Tessitura Season planning and build
- Creating lists and extractions in Tessitura
- Updating and pulling current Annual Pass and current Community Access Pass lists for Mail2
- Gift voucher redemptions through SurveyMonkey
- Working with contractor to maintain kiosks, scanners and website
- Updating Explorer website, as needed
- Working with Manager, Community Access Pass to report on distribution and usage
- Manage ticket box office for special events such as Maker Faire San Diego, etc.
- Ticket & sales set up and reporting
- Staff and volunteer training
- Cash management
- Consulting on ongoing kiosks and website creation with contractor
Other duties as assigned.
A qualified Manager, Ticketing and membership will enter the position with two or more years of customer service or box office environment and Tessitura software experience. They will also have a demonstrated ability in:
- Training and supervising direct reports
- Problem-solving and creative thinking skills; attention to detail especially when mediating customer service situations
- Excellent time management, prioritizing, planning and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with high-level interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite for PC, familiarity with database operation, and aptitude for utilizing web technologies
- Experience collaborating, building partnerships, and fostering community
- Ability to work part of a dynamic team and adaptable
Additional experience in the following a plus:
- Statistical analysis, marketing, and/or development
- TNEW, T-Stats, and Mail2
- Balboa Park organizations
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Position type: Full-time, 40 hours a week, non-exempt. Weekdays, weekends and evenings as needed. Hourly rate is $14-16 per hour, depending on experience. Balboa Park Cultural Partnership offers a benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants and shops, and free admission to member museums.
Submit resume and a cover letter addressing how you meet the above qualifications – all in .PDF format – via e-mail to email@example.com. Please put “BPCP Ticketing Manager: [Insert your first initial and last name]” in the subject line. No phone calls please. This position is open until filled, interviews will begin the week of December 10.
The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership (BPCP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2003 to facilitate collaboration among the many arts, science, and cultural institutions located in San Diego’s historic Balboa Park. Balboa Park Explorer, a department of BPCP, is responsible for the One-Day, Multi-Day, and Annual Explorer products in Balboa Park. The Explorer department works directly with the 16 participating museums in addition to the general public. The Annual Explorer is going into its 5th year with continued success and growth. Along with our various passes, Explorer produces Maker Faire San Diego.