Job Description: Museum Store Associate – Part Time
Founded in 2015, Cascadia Art Museum is an educational nonprofit organization that celebrates the rich tradition of Northwest visual arts and design from 1860-1970. The museum provides enriching experiences for visitors through original exhibitions, educational programs, and publications. Cascadia Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
Cascadia Art Museum is looking for a Store Associate to join our team. This person will be the public-facing member of the team and is integral for creating an excellent experience for our customers and visitors. The Store Associate reports to the Director of Operations and works closely with the museum store buyer and volunteers.
- Oversee daily operations of the museum store and conduct payment reconciliation reports.
- Utilize museum databases: Shopify, LittleGreenLight and Volgistics. Familiarity with these systems is not necessary to be considered for the position but is a benefit.
- Oversee new inventory data entry.
- Assistance for museum events through attendance and logistical support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills .
- Experience with point-of-sale software (Shopify preferred).
- Proficiency with technology (iPads, Microsoft computers).
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects through to completion.
- Dependability, punctuality, and a team player.
- Ability to meet physical demands of role including using step-ladders, standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Hours and Compensation
Employment Type: Part-time, non-exempt. Wednesday-Sunday.
Compensation: $17 per hour
Location: 190 Sunset Ave., Edmonds, WA
Please send résumé to Nate Hegerberg, Director of Operations, at email@example.com.
Applicants granted an in-person interview will be asked to provide professional references.
Position is open until filled.