Elida Zelaya, Executive Director
A recent contact called some of the planners at WMA "the Funky Bunch" LOL. I love the name, it does fit, BUT we are still professionals designing a professional program for you. When asked what I am most looking forward to offering at this year's conference in San Diego, I have to say the hands-on Resource Clinics first.
On Tuesday October 27 from 5:45 pm - 7:45 pm, the Resource Clinics offer delegates an opportunity for brainstorming, immersion learning, or direct advice from industry experts in one-on-one, small group, or hands-on formats.
In each of these amazing sessions, not only will you get to work with experts, but also to brainstorm with your peers and to learn form those around you. It's these kind of meet-up groups that can really make all the difference at the conference.
- H1 Resource Clinic: Career Planning & Resume Review, Facilitator: Rancy Breece, Transition Consultant, DBM
- H2 Resource Clinic: New Directors, Facilitator: Heather Ferrell, Executive Director, Salt Lake Art Center
- H3 Resource Clinic: Evaluation, Facilitator: Wendy Meluch, Evaluation Consultant, Visitor Studies Services
- H4 Resource Clinic: Creative Education, Facilitator: Melanie Fales, Executive Director, Boise Art Museum
- H5 Resource Clinic: Grant Writing, Facilitator: Norma Gurba, AV Grantwriting and Consulting
I encourage you to sign up for one or more of these clinics (sign-up sheets will be at the registration desk). Looking forward to sharing a few more highlights as the dates for San Diego near...
Great to see that, Elida. I'm really looking forward to SD.
OH! Good point, yes! Although the subect matter will be geared to those new to leading an organization, many of the challenges and opportunities are similar if on a different scale.
Will the new director's clinic be open to others new to leadership positions?
Add new comment