The J. Paul Getty Museum seeks to inspire curiosity about, and enjoyment and understanding of, the visual arts by collecting, conserving, exhibiting, and interpreting works of art of outstanding quality and historical importance and is one of four programs of the J. Paul Getty Trust. The Museum operates two sites, the Getty Villa in Malibu, which exhibits its collection of Greek and Roman antiquities, and the Getty Center in Brentwood, which displays its collections of European art: Medieval and Renaissance illuminated manuscripts, paintings, sculpture, decorative arts, drawings to 1900, and photography to the present day (including non-European works). The Museum mounts approximately 25 temporary exhibitions a year across its two sites; maintains an annual permanent gallery improvement program and offers wide-ranging and ambitious programming for its visitors.
The J. Paul Getty Museum's Interpretive Content department seeks an Assistant Digital Media Producer to provide support for the Head of Interpretive Content and department, which produces analog and digital resources including gallery text, audio tours, videos, and interactives to engage audiences with art. Reporting to the Head of Interpretive Content, the successful candidate will be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, digital platforms, and data systems, have strong administrative, project coordination, communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, and exercise discretion in dealing with departmental information. Duties include supporting the development and execution of media content and production assignments, coordinating meetings and events, and composing and tracking a wide range of financial and project documents, as well as preparing reports. Performs a variety of routine accounting, budget tracking and forecasting, travel and expense reporting, and other clerical tasks.
- Contributes to the development of production project plans. Coordinates logistics related to the execution of analog and media projects, may guide work of other staff to meet deadlines and update project management tools as stages of projects proceed.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders on content production.
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings, convenings, and planning events. Arranges with external vendors for services, prepares agendas, gathers and organizes supporting information, and oversees production and distribution of related materials.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information requiring knowledge of department/program activities, policies and procedures.
- Serves as internal resource to department/program staff on Getty policies and procedures. Stays up to date on organizational policies and procedures.
- Researches and gathers data for department/program reports. Conducts preliminary analysis of data and recommends report content and format to display findings.
- Assists in administration of contracts, including submission of purchasing requisitions. Interacts with Procurement and Museum Finance personnel to provide information and resolve issues.
- Makes travel arrangements for supervisor, department and project team. Prepares expense reports in accordance with Getty Business Travel and Expense policy and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of budget materials. Tracks and monitors budget expenditures and reports on variances.
- Oversees day-to-day office operations. Implements changes or enhancements to procedures to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Assists in maintaining office equipment and purchases.
- May advise, direct, or review the work of staff or external consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 1-3 years of experience
- Experience in digital production environment using one or more digital distribution channels such as social media, web, blogs, wikis, etc.