Thank you for your interest in applying for the Director of the Coastal Interpretive Center.
For your general information, the Coastal Interpretive Center (CIC) is a non-profit corporation with 501(c)(3) status; governed by a Board of Directors (Board). Under the direct supervision of the Board President, the CIC Director is responsible for daily operations of the Center and oversight of the administrative functions. The Director carries out policy set by the Board and plans, coordinates, and implements the Center’s activities, including but not limited to public relations, marketing, promotion, programs, and exhibits.
Our mission statement is “Educating the public about the culture and natural history of Washington’s Pacific coast and inspiring the joy and wonder of nature.”
The CIC Director acts on behalf of and serves, as an at-will employee, at the pleasure of the CIC Board of Directors.
Essential Professional Responsibilities
- Provide responsible management and oversight of day-to-day operations, including:
- Supervise paid staff and monitor volunteer hosts, schedule work hours, ensure CIC is properly staffed (including volunteers), approve time sheets, facilitate regular staff meetings, and complete annual performance reviews
- Administer the process for approval and reporting of financial information to the Board Treasurer
- Responsible for the management of Damon’s Outpost including inventory
- Maintain relationships with professional advisors
- Recruit, build, and maintain a competent, enthusiastic volunteer team
- Establish and maintain open, regular, and effective communication with the Board of Directors, committees and committee members, and other volunteers
- Participate in monthly Board meetings and Leadership Team meetings; provide monthly activity reports and other necessary information based on the responsibilities laid out herein
- Prepare news releases and other publications or marketing collateral needed to increase public awareness of the CIC, its programs, and services
- Implement a communications and marketing plan to raise community awareness about the CIC
- Oversee the social media program
- Assist with the coordination of ongoing CIC projects and education programs
- Proactively identify CIC issues of concern
- Implement other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to serve effectively as a team leader and work effectively with a large number of individuals
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Proficient technology skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs, Outlook, and the ability to learn other technology programs that are compatible with the CIC’s needs
- Ability to stay current with technology as it relates to the CIC vision, mission, and daily operations
- Pass Washington State Patrol background check.
- Successful management experience including demonstrated success with employee support, coordination, and supervision
- General science background
- Knowledge of the history and ecology of the coastal environment as it relates to the exhibits, programs, and activities of the CIC
- Knowledge of PastPerfect, exhibit planning, and cataloging procedures
- Experience in program development and project management (CAPM Certified)
- Experience in working with non-profit organizations or in an educational setting
- Successful completion of Bachelor Degree
- Reside in or be willing to relocate to Ocean Shores.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to operate, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Salary: $40,000 per year plus up to $5,000 towards health insurance plus two weeks annual paid vacation
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please include your reason(s) for interest in this position and why you are uniquely qualified for this position.
Closing Date: April 11, 2021