Thanksgiving Point is a 501(c)3 multi-museum, farm, and garden complex with a mission to draw upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning. With venues spread over 2 campuses, the Exhibits Manager for the Water Tower Campus is responsible for the Museum of Ancient Life, a natural history museum the LA Times once called "the Taj Mahal of dinosaur museums", Butterfly Biosphere, a life science museum and insect zoo featuring the largest tropical butterfly conservatory in North America, and Farm Country, a small scale working farm that educates guests about where their food come from and the importance of sustainable agriculture.
It is the job of the Exhibit Manager to oversee and carry out the day to day exhibit work in each of the venues on their campus. They will supervise the work of other team members who are assigned to exhibit maintenance tasks and projects in their venues. They will serve as the first point of contact for exhibit requests and feedback.
Shift Hours and Days Required:
- Full time - 40 hours per week
- Some overtime may be required on approval only.
- Practical experience in multiple fabrication techniques, such as: carpentry, plastic fabrication and metal working finishing, electrical or welding skills a plus
- Strong general computer skills -familiarity with design software or digital media production is highly desirable
- Ability and desire to acquire new skills as needed
- Be able to closely follow instructions balanced with creative problem solving.
- Ability to work independently within a team setting
- Strong organizational skills, ability to adhere to schedules and meet deadlines detail oriented a plus
- Ability to regularly lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs; climb ladders; work in constrained spaces, etc.