JOB TITLE: Facilities Technician
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, non-exempt
DIRECT SUPPORTS: Chief of Facilities
DIRECTLY SUPPORTS: N/A
SALARY RANGE: $21/hour+ DOE or $26/hour+ with HVAC Experience
The Facilities Technician is primarily responsible for maintaining all physical Museum buildings, systems, and grounds. This includes water systems, electrical, HVAC, sewer, fire suppression, irrigation, landscaping, alarm system, security system, forest management and other related duties. The workdays for this position are Sunday through Thursday.
Facilities maintenance 60%
• Maintains museum interior and exterior paint and finished surfaces
• Maintains all HVAC and mechanical systems including maintenance and repairs to the Museum physical plant
• Changes light bulbs and adjusts light fixtures as needed
• Provides input to the maintenance staff regarding needed repairs
• Performs general repairs and preventative maintenance tasks as time allows
• Maintains the grounds, landscape and irrigation systems as needed
Museum support 35%
• Performs opening procedures daily prior to visitor arrival
• Supports set-up and tear-down for meetings, events, and other functions
• Responds to security and emergency related incidences
• Supports Central Services team with cleaning and visitor support duties when necessary
• Assists Exhibits and Collections teams with exhibit changes and installations when needed
Additional Duties 5%
• Embrace, support, and help implement the Museum’s continued learning and commitment to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion
• Contributes to and supports the Museum’s AZA accreditation process
• Assist with museum-wide events, such as Free Days, fundraising gala, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• Oregon Driver’s License
• At least one year HVAC trade school or experience with HVAC Systems
• Other beneficial certifications include Backflow Assembly Tester Certification or any trades certification
• Trades experience is beneficial: Painting, plumbing, water systems, backflow, HVAC, refrigeration, electrical, controls systems, security systems, fire suppression and alarms
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, plan ahead and enlist help as needed.
• Basic computer skills.
• Good communication skills and the ability to interface with fellow staff and visitors in a pleasant manner.
• Pleasant, helpful, service-oriented attitude to all internal and external customers.
• Ability to function as an effective team player and contribute to and sustain the energy and momentum of the department in the performance of job duties and responsibilities.
• Willingness to work flexible hours and days, including weekends and holidays.
• Willingness to obtain a current first-aid & CPR certificate.
• Demonstration of solution-oriented approaches and a positive can-do attitude.
• High mechanical aptitude and excellent trouble-shooting ability.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and building plans.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to communicate effectively with outside vendors and contractors as well as HDM employees and volunteers.
• Must have the physical ability to perform the manual tasks required of this position including bending, twisting, crawling, climbing, stooping, and lifting 25 lbs. alone
• The employee may be exposed to heavy equipment; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can occasionally be loud.
• This position requires that the employee be available to maintain equipment during emergency situations outside normal working hours. Weekend and holiday work may be required.
• Operates equipment such as: carpet cleaners, power washer, leaf blower, power tools, skid-steer, back-hoe, plows, tractor, snow blower, loader, and hand tools
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume in PDF format to Jobs@highdesertmuseum.org