The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is seeking a full-time Operations Assistant. The successful candidate will have one or more years of experience in administration, technology (for example working with desktop computers, printers, and barcode scanners), and customer service. Applicant must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills. A high level of customer service - both written and verbal - must be maintained and provided at all times with Balboa Park guests, organizations and stakeholders. As an extension of the Balboa Park Explorer, this role will assist with daily ticketing operations including processing, printing, and mailing of passes. Experience with Tessitura ticketing software a plus, but not required.
The Operations Assistant will report to the Director, Operations. Duties include:
Office Administration (50%)
- Providing support to Executive Director (printing, managing calendar, procuring supplies, etc).
- Providing support to leadership, programs, and special events including printing, procuring supplies, and assisting on-site.
- Answering, screening, and directing calls on general hotline.
- Cash management and weekly deposits.
- Assisting with tracking and ordering office supplies.
- Maintaining postage machine and printing monthly reports.
- Collecting and identifying invoices and credit card receipts for review by Director, Operations.
- Reminding team members and collecting timesheets for review by Director, Operations.
- Managing technology and troubleshooting issues.
- Organizing and maintaining storage areas.
- Building relationships in the Park through daily venue check-ins.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting office technology (printers, projectors, tvs).
Ticketing Services (50%)
- Processing online and phone orders of the Balboa Park Explorer Annual, One-Day, and Multi-Day passes.
- Reconciling daily batches and posts, print, and attach deposit receipts weekly.
- Maintaining Explorer technology (kiosks, scanners, printers) and troubleshooting issues.
- Processing wholesale orders.
- Data entry using Tessitura software.
- Responding to questions via phone and email from customers and partner organizations.
- Solving customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Renewal courtesy calls.
A qualified Operations Assistant will enter the position with one or more years of experience in administration, technology, and customer service. They will also have a demonstrated ability in:
- Proficiency with technology (hardware and software) and familiarity with database operation.
- Problem-solver and creative thinking skills; attention to detail especially when mediating customer service situations.
- Excellent time management, prioritizing, planning and organization skills.
- Very strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Team player - works to ensure organizational goals are met or exceeded with strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
- As an ambassador for the “One Park - One Team” philosophy, a positive attitude is a must.
Additional experience in the following a plus:
- Non-profit administration
- Balboa Park organizations
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Position type: Full-time, 40 hours a week, non-exempt. A typical shift is 8 hours, weekdays between 8:00am to 5:30pm, and weekends and evenings as needed. Hourly rate is $14/hr. Balboa Park Cultural Partnership offers a benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants and shops, and free admission to member museums.
Submit a cover letter and resume – all in .PDF format – via e-mail to email@example.com. Please put “BPCP Operations Assistant: [Insert your first initial and last name]” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted now through Friday, June 28 at 11:59PM. Interviews will begin the week of Monday, July 8.