Associate Vice President, Facilities, Operations, and Support Services
NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUMS OF LOS ANGELES COUNTY
(Los Angeles, CA)
The Natural History Museums of Los Angeles County (NHMLAC)—the Natural History Museum in Exposition Park, La Brea Tar Pits in the mid-Wilshire/Miracle Mile, and the William S. Hart Museum in Newhall—occupy an unrivaled position in the exploration of L.A., and the world.
As home to over 35 million specimens and artifacts, they have the largest natural and cultural history collection in the western United States, a range of indoor and outdoor experiences across three sites which serve 1.3 million visitors a year, and the only active urban paleontological excavation site in the world at the Tar Pits.
With the vision to inspire wonder, discovery, and responsibility for our natural and cultural worlds, NHMLAC is a public-private partnership between the nonprofit Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History Foundation and the County of Los Angeles. Having recently completed a new strategic framework, the Natural History Museums of Los Angeles County are looking forward to new building projects and campaigns, exhibitions, community outreach, and innovative audience engagement.
For more information, please visit www.nhmlac.org.
NHMLAC is seeking a strategic and collaborative professional with exceptional communication skills for the newly created role of Associate Vice President, Facilities, Operations, and Support Services (AVP). Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer/Chief Operating Officer (CFO/COO) of NHMLAC and working closely with colleagues across the organization, the AVP will have oversight of Facilities and Maintenance, Security and Support Services, General Services, and Horticulture of The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County family of museums.
The AVP will lead and provide oversight for planning and executing all small and medium capital building projects that include new construction, and renovation. As the AVP will manage construction and renovation projects from concept through completion, this individual will interact with a broad array of constituencies including trustees, staff, county staff and officials, architects, engineers, contractors, facilities consultants and other community members.
- Competitive candidates will have a track record of relevant industry experience in construction/renovation/building project management as well as experience in leading a facilities department/division/operation that includes supervision of large staff.
- Progressively responsible industry experience in building projects, construction and renovation management and facilities management in a historical building setting or other setting with a shared governance environment would be strongly preferred
- Experience managing renovation projects in an occupied building environment.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction terminology, theory, practices and principles, as well as the ability to direct and converse technically with engineers and architects regarding utility systems for electricity, natural gas, water, sewer, network cabling, and the maintenance, operation, design and construction of the various building types.
- Direct experience managing all stages of a capital project for new construction and renovation (conceptual design, SD, DD, CD and construction).
- Familiarity with county/municipal codes.
- A bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in engineering, construction management, project management, or a related field is preferred.
Compensation & Additional Considerations
The annual salary range for this position is $170,000 to $190,000 based on experience. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package will be provided. This is a full-time exempt position with the expectation of regular on-site work during the workweek and the ability to be in-person during emergency events outside traditional work hours.
NHMLAC has retained Morris & Berger to conduct the AVP search. To view the full position description, please visit https://pub.lucidpress.com/morrisberger_2219/. To apply, please submit an application, including a resume and a letter of interest, in confidence to Morris & Berger through their website: https://www.morrisberger.com/position.php?id=2219