Part Time/Hours vary, not to exceed 30 per week. Work schedule may include Monday through Friday, occasional evenings and weekends as needed. The Museum is an EOE.
As the Framer for the Nevada Museum of Art, this position will provide organization, custom framing, mountmaking, and curatorial support for the Museum’s curatorial department. This position reports to the Chief Curator | Associate Director.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for all Museum matting, framing, and mount-making for exhibitions.
- Order supplies for matting, framing, and mount-making and keep orderly workshop.
- Liaise with artists, galleries, and outside Museum staff regarding occasional framing projects that cannot be undertaken in house.
- Manage framing budget and handle all requisitions or purchase orders and billing for framing-related expenses.
- Collaborate with Center for Art + Environment archivist and assist with archive preparation for exhibitions as needed
- Practices Museum policies and procedures, abides by rules and regulations.
B.A. in Art or a related field with 2+ years experience in archival framing practices and/or mount-making; preferably in a gallery or museum setting
TO APPLY VISIT: