The Portland Art Museum (referred to as Museum) invites applications for the position of Associate Registrar for Collections. The Associate Registrar for Collections will assist in the stewardship of permanent collections, new acquisitions, and associated documentation. This role will work closely with the Curatorial and Collections staff to coordinate special, in-house, and outgoing loans and exhibitions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in care, maintenance, and preservation of the Portland Art Museum’s permanent collections
- Assist Collections Manager in onsite and offsite collections storage maintenance
- Manage the correspondence and preparation of outgoing artwork loans
- Work closely with collections manager, registrars, conservators, preparators, curators, and security to ensure safe and secure transportation and presentation of artworks
- Coordinate and collaborate with collections manager, conservators, and curators to prepare artwork for in-house exhibitions
- Coordinate logistics including packing, shipping, receiving, unpacking, installation and storage for permanent collections and new acquisitions
- Be comfortable performing incoming and outgoing condition reports when needed and coordinate any required treatments with conservation. Maintain incident reports for permanent collection objects
- Responsible for documentation and data entry in Collections database (Mimsy XG), and in object collection files. Update physical locations of permanent collection objects
- Administer and maintain outgoing loan files
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- This role is non-exempt/hourly, full-time status
- Budgeted compensation is within pay grade F ($20.74 min - $23.82 mid - $26.97 max), depending on experience
- $50 per month phone reimbursement
Shift differentials, for hourly/non-exempt staff, for hours worked onsite within:
- Evening hours (6:00pm-12:00am) will be paid an additional $1.00 per hour
- Night hours (12:01am-6:00am) will be paid an additional $2.00 per hour
- Healthcare package: medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K match, and flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off: 6 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation, sick, and bereavement leave
- Transportation benefits: TriMet / C-Tran / parking pass discount or bike to work enrollment
- Museum admission & lectures, programs, and gift shop discounts
- R.E.A.P (Reciprocal Employee Attraction Pass), providing free general admission to local destinations
Application Process for Associate Registrar for Collections
Apply online at: www.portlandartmuseum.org/careers, to create a profile.
In order to be considered eligible, submissions require a resume, cover letter, four references, and all application questions answered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by December 13, 2022. Applications may still be continued to be accepted after the full consideration date, until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. The closing date is subject to change without notice to applicants.